There is a certain nostalgia associated with the ending of a year, which is eventually replaced with a desire to create change for the better during the New Year. Many people find that making New Year’s resolutions helps to clarify what’s important in their lives, setting goals that will help them generate authentic movement in the direction of their values. Often these resolutions include fitness, wellness, and general better health aspirations. Why not include the wellness of the planet while you’re at it?
Consider adding one or two of the following suggestions into your routine and continue the effort to go green!
- Bite the bullet and finally swap your normal cleaning products for natural ones. Anthony Clavien knows that in addition to the environmental benefits, you will also reap health benefits as well.
- Get rid of those pesky plastic water bottles once and for all! There are all sorts of cool reusable drink containers available eliminating the need for the plastic bottles altogether. If this seems impossible, at least find a way to limit your use of them.
- Utilize the bulk/refill products available for everyday products around your house. Think hand soap, laundry soap, and dish soap. This way you can reuse the plastic containers they come in and just refill them when empty.
- Volunteer for a project that is connected to the environment. A little research can result in lots of opportunities in your local community, such as a city garden project, park cleanup, or trail maintenance.
- Ride your bike or walk! Again, you will gain health benefits from this! Doing this just one day a week can make a big difference.
Good luck on your journey into another year cheers to a happier healthier life and a cleaner earth!